A trade show is an event that brings together different vendors and business representatives from specific industries to promote their products and services. It is also a great place to network with other professionals and learn what’s upcoming and trending to stay ahead of competition. However, trade shows can be overwhelming, so I wanted to share some tips for attendees that will prepare you for success for your next event.
Top 5 Trade Show Tips:
- Do Your Research: Before the trade show, familiarize yourself with the companies you are interested in visiting, know the main facility locations, and prepare a game plan so your time is productive.
- Use an App: With so much going on at the event, using a trade show app can make planning more seamless. But don’t forget to charge your phone and bring an extra battery.
- Bring Business Cards: Bring enough business cards to pass them out generously. Take notes on a small pad or in your CRM app to help you remember specific details from conversations.
- Dress Professionally: Remember to dress professionally, but also comfortably. You will be on your feet all day, so wear comfortable shoes, and bring water, snacks, and other necessities.
- Stay Motivated: After dedicating hours to a trade show, it’s common to become exhausted and start feeling a little down. Don’t let that get to you – keep pushing. By going to the trade show, you are headed in the right direction and your hard work will pay off.
After a trade show, you will have lots of information – from vendors, prospects, customers, and competitors. The best place to enter and store that information is within a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system. Every new lead can be properly kept within a centralized system to better organize your follow-up and demonstrate the value of your participation. Watch out for my next blog to learn about best practices for trade show follow up.
If this is your first time attending a trade show or you are a seasoned professional, these tips will help you understand the basics to prepare for and attend the event. To help support your lead generation and trade show follow up, TopLine Results works with companies to automate and streamline that process, creating more valuable time for you to be productive. If you are interested in learning more about trade show preparation and what you can do for follow-ups, give us a call (800-880-1960) or email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a free consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!