Social media is something most of us have used, but it can be overwhelming at times. Posting on your personal account is different than maintaining a social presence for your business. Business-to-business social media marketing can be confusing when it comes to where to begin and what practices are most important. That’s where TopLine Results comes in! Whether you’re just starting out with social media or looking to revamp your strategic plan, here are some key tips to always keep in mind when it comes to marketing on social media.
- Know your audience: While this one seems straightforward, it’s often one that people struggle with the most. Some trends, images, and strategies may seem appealing and look successful from the outside but aren’t what your audience is looking for. Watch your metrics and see what your community interacts with most to help identify what they want from you. Social media isn’t one strategy fits all; make sure to provide content that relates to your audience’s needs.
- Use relevant hashtags: Oh, the forever battle of hashtags and social media. Will we ever be on the same page? Yes! Here’s the deal. While some hashtags have millions of posts connected to them, that doesn’t mean they should automatically be used by you. The more posts linked to a hashtag, the greater chance of your content getting lost in millions of other posts. Do your research! Dig deep and find out the best hashtags for your market and your target audience.
- Incorporate video content: We all see it, right? Video is taking over and I’m not sure how many times you need to hear it but here’s one more – make videos! Can you still post images, articles, and website links? Of course! But don’t neglect the importance of including videos. You don’t need to make a cinematic masterpiece – authentic is the way to go!
- Choose the right social platforms for you: While some people may tell you that it’s important to be on all social platforms, that’s not the case. This goes back to tip #1, know your audience. If your target market isn’t on a platform, do not feel bad about focusing on other platforms. The idea behind social media is to connect with people. Remember, go where your target audience is and build a community there.
- Use images to capture attention: Gone are the days of text-only postings. We will remember them fondly, but they just aren’t relevant anymore. Images stop users from scrolling, so even if it’s a simple message you want to convey, connect it to an image or create a simple background to help capture the scroller's attention.
- Utilize tools to help save yourself time: It can be overwhelming maintaining multiple social media accounts. Let’s face it, there will only be more options, platforms, and ideas in the future. Don’t feel as though you need to do it all yourself. There are plenty of scheduling tools out there to help you save time and maintain organization.
- Engage with your audience: If there’s anything you take away from this article, it should be this! Don’t post and ghost. Sharing content and then disappearing doesn’t help create a connection with your community. In fact, it does the complete opposite. Social media is meant to give you a direct line to your community – remember to answer their questions, thank them for their feedback, and engage in conversation.
These are just a few social media tips that will help you with your digital marketing presence. For more information on elevating your social media strategy, reach out to our marketing team at TopLine Results at email@example.com or 800-880-1960.