Imagine finally getting to meet with the CEO for the coveted executive buy in on your products or services. When he or she says, "Sounds good. Send me a quote," Instead of leaving the office and losing momentum, simply click the appropriate options and have the customer facing quote delivered to their inbox immediately
— complete with electronic signature capability.
For most sales representatives, that level of responsiveness was never an option before — or at least not one that small- to medium-sized companies could afford to deploy. With Salesforce’s recent acquisition of SteelBrick, Salesforce has added an integrated configure price quote (CPQ) option to their suite of sales enablement products. With this acquisition, Salesforce has demonstrated a clear understanding of their customers’ problems and are ready to provide real solutions.
You are now able to create quotes on the fly inside Salesforce, taking into consideration specific prerequisites and your business rules. Provide quotes that are complete, accurate and most importantly fast — a major win for small business.
In the past, even if your CRM had products, pricing and even discounts in their core functionality, it often was too cumbersome and time consuming to use effectively. In addition, it often required custom coding and plugins, adding to the complexity and lack of flexibility.
Following are just a few of the functions that the CPQ from SteelBrick addresses. Note that there are multiple tiers for SteelBrick, please contact us with questions on deploying in your environment.
- Imbedded right in the native Salesforce opportunity screen.
- Create complex proposals, orders, and invoices (on customizable templates) in seconds.
- Get your new sales reps up to speed quicker with guided selling to select the right products and services for each customer every time. The tool will look into previous order history and products owned to suggest new products and easily identify cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
- If you work with distribution and channel sales, you can give your partners access to the tool and make it easy for them to sell your products and services. As your partners generate quotes, your pipelines and forecasts are automatically updated.
- Close an opportunity as won and auto create and send the order and invoice directly the customer. Include electronic payment options link right on the invoice with the option of having your representatives accept payments. If there are recurring bills, that can be scheduled right then as well.
- Billing and revenue recognition can be time-based for the products delivered over the term of the sale and it can configure sales tax by location and product type.
- Handle terminations and pro-rating. If you are selling subscription-based services and contracts, you know that handling changes and terminations and pro-rating can be a huge headache. SteelBrick handles this with ease.
- Receive reports and status flags and approval workflows for complex or large or discounted sales.
- With Salesforce's global abilities, support local currency and multiple native languages and their currencies as well.
If you have questions or would like to talk about implementing Salesforce’s market-leading solutions for sales, marketing and service for your organization, please contact us at 800-880-1960.